We are looking for a bold and productive individual to contribute to the development, implementation, and monitoring of our Web Products and Services. We demand an adequate intern to join our web development team. The intern will work closely with our development team and the design and marketing team to assist in the development of coding and designing the layout and functionality according to the client’s specifications.
This intern should be familiar with WordPress and be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and finish the internship with broad experience in various aspects of web development. Self-motivated, tenacious and forward-thinking are essential qualities we are looking for. Lastly, a background, passion and understanding of Botswana’s media industry is a competency that we are eager to see in any applicant.
|Department:||Place of Work:||Contract Type:||Working Hours||Reports to:||Benefits|
|Web Development||Botswana||Internship, 6 Months Contract||25 hrs PW (Monday – Friday)||CEO & Head of Operations||Flexible Hours |
Learning on the Job
BlxckHippy (PTY) LTD is an entertainment company that provides high-quality multimedia services to meet various individuals and businesses needs. BlxckHippy (PTY) LTD is not only limited to developing innovative software in the advancements of media, marketing campaigns, producing and distributing visual and audio content, but we also have a solid Business Model that contributes to many corporate and individual business needs.
- Works with the CEO and other Heads of Departments to influence the creation and communication of company strategy, business priorities, and targets for the Department Teams and ensure there are systems to enable the shop managers to receive the information promptly
- Generates ideas about future sales activities to ensure our cutting edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the marketplace, competitors and trends.
- Uses open feedback mechanisms from the operations team with other departments to ensure the integration of the Sales strategy with BLXCKHIPPY (PTY) LTD’s other activities
- Assist in writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices.
- Assist in creating a website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Assist in integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
- Assist in gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Assist in creating and maintaining software documentation.
- Assist in maintaining, expanding, and scaling sites.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities.
- Collaborates with web designers to match the intent of the visual design.
What are you expected to do?
A Web Developer is responsible for the coding, design and layout of a website according to a company’s specifications. As the role considers user experience and function, a certain level of both graphic design and computer programming is necessary. Once a website has been created, a Web Developer will generally assist with the website’s maintenance and upkeep.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 3 years digital experience, particularly with, but not limited to, web, social and emerging technologies.
- A solid understanding of design, copy and web practices.
- Brilliant interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have in-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with the BLXCKHIPPY ENTERTAINMENT current Business Model and Customer Relationship Management practices along with the ability to build productive business professional relationships.
- Highly motivated, and the target is driven with a proven track record in sales.
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering
A minimum of 1-year of work experience in any field related to business, marketing and computer science is required. Prior business development experience will be an added advantage.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Investment in training and development
- 28 days of annual leave per yeaR
All cover letters submitted should include a 200-300 word summary of what you believe is the future of marketing and media in Botswana. Also, relating your answer to BLXCKHIPPY Entertainment’s service portfolio and the value you will offer as a part of our team will be an added benefit.
- Receipt of three satisfactory references
- Proof of eligibility to work in the Republic of Botswana
To explore the post further or any queries you may have, please contact: Tefo Molosankwe, CEO/Director, BLXCKHIPPYENT@GMAIL.COM.
You must sign in to apply for this position.